ubiqvisuals

Login Form

Ubiq Visuals Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Character Art Pipeline (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Character Art Pipeline
Character Art Pipeline 4 Years, 8 Months ago  
So I'm currently working through the character art pipeline(which has been something of a massive headache...) and I had some questions about the default Maco character which I am attempting to replace.

In the modern version of Torque 3D, the process involves exporting an openCollada(.DAE) file which the engine then converts into a .DTS. Animations still use .DSQ files.

Now, browsing through the Maco folder I see a player.DTS file and a number of .DSQ animation files, but I do not see the .DAE files, leading me to question exactly what process was used and what process needs to be used.

My goal is to eventually produce a character that uses Maco's animation files, but before I get there I need to nail down an effective art pipeline.

So... was it originally a collada export or a .DTS?

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Re:Character Art Pipeline 4 Years, 8 Months ago  
Hi rickaustinson,

We never used .DAE format when creating Maco. We export straight to .DTS. Check out the Character Animation Tutorial (exporting specifically is towards the bottom in the "Exporting" subheader) and Character Workflow Diagram on our website (Tutorials section), to see the exact workflow outlined and let me know if you have any further questions :)

Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2014/04/07 23:16 By justinl.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top